aqua scroll template

Monday, February 21, 2011

Signs of spring



I have been searching for signs of spring..hungry for winter to be over. Now I know here in TN I really have nothing to complain about..I think my family in SD got 14" of snow yesterday! I have seen some signs of spring here. Some of the trees are starting to show pink buds..there are daffodils blooming in the ditches...and I saw my first random shirtless guy at the gas station on Saturday! At least he was young and in shape..not always the case! I plan to get some pics of those daffodils..very cloudy today. So to satisfy my need for spring I made these mini bird's nests. The nest is layered treated satin. I made some little eggs for it out of polymer clay. Of course I didn't have the right color of clay so I painted, speckled and glazed what I had! The feathers are from the rogue peacocks that roam my yard. I have posted pix of them on here last month. Look for "view in my backyard" I have no clue how to link things on here yet! LOL..I am NOT tech savy. They are the downy underbits..not the showy tail feathers. These little nests are listed in my handmade Etsy shop hopeandjoystudios. I can add a pinback or barrette clip. I love nests and eggs..they are such signs of hope and home to me! I also love the color aqua or turquoise. I used to roam the yard in the spring as a girl looking for the brokens robin's egg shells when they were hatching. My girls used to do the same. I did see a robin in my backyard the other day..hmmmm. Hope spring is on the way for you too..if not, feather your nest and hunker down..it is on the way! Til next time! Julia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO pretty! I love it!

SisterBatik said...

Hi there

Welcome to blogging and the EGT : ) Which is how I found your blog.

Come and see us - we love more comments and followers:

http://sisterbatik.blogspot.com/

Orangies Attic said...

What part of TN are you in? I was born in Nashville and lived in Memphis through 9th grade... parents were raised in Hohenwald. Following you! Come visit me... http://orangiesattic.blogspot.com/

My Life Under the Bus said...

Happy Tuesday! Welcome to the Etsy Blog Team : ) Sweet nest! I am glad you were not struck blind by a hideous shirtless attendant! hahaha

Alessandra @Tribal Times said...

Glad to meet you and welcome to the team! My hubby has family in SD and I feel so bad when they get a ton of snow!!