aqua scroll template

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Upcycled candelabras and more

Hi guys! This is what I was working on this week. These are upcycled vintage candelabras. This one started out brass and wood.
I painted and antiqued and shabbified. Then I added vintage prisms from my stash. This only had holes for 4 so I jump ringed 4 more on.
I used french grey chalk paint and metallic gold accent paint. I antiqued it and sanded it a bit. Grey seems like a hot new color lately (Grey is the new black which was the new white! LOL) I like how the antiquing sticks in the crevices.
This one was brass and marble. I added teardrop shaped prisms and again, jump ringed on some extra of the "long" prisms. Never enough prisms! This would also look great jazzed up further with old pearly or crystally necklaces for swags. I left the marble as is.
Antiqued and shabbified...
This was brass. I think it may have been a lamp base, but it makes an awesome candleholder!
Very ornate! And why is it "candle" and then "candElabra"? Shouldn't it be candleabra ? I guess not!
These were formerly old porch/deck railing finials. They were unfinished so I added grey chalk paint and antique-ing. I like how these turned out too..I think they would look delish with magenta roses ..or magenta glass Christmas balls. Can you tell I love the color magenta? These are in my handmade shop now (hopeandjoystudios). I have 3 tables in the wings to paint this week. I am thinking clock face theme as they are all round. The last French ad table I painted already sold from my booth (Yay!) Hoping you have a fruitful week! Til next time! Julia

3 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous work! I love ornate and shabby combo!

Heather said...

That is so cute! Looks very shabby chic!

Midnight Creations said...

Looks like you had a great day, good eye too. Great pics, enjoyed checking them out!