aqua scroll template

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fall colors Fall sunset


 Hi guys! The fall colors are peaking here in East TN.


 Some tree varieties have already peaked. Today was the oaks turn.


 I love standing under a tree in its peak colors in the bright sun and looking up.


 The sun filters through the leaves and it is just breath taking.


 Plus it is a different perspective..sort of like laying on your back and looking up a lighted Christmas tree!


 These are in my drive way..easy just to drive right past every day, but some days you really need to just take a minute and take a closer look! I have seen some spectacular trees around town that if they were in my yard, I would have a lawn chair camped out under them and just be sitting there staring upward.


 They really are gone in the blink of an eye, I'm glad I got out there to take a closer look.


 My son pointed this sunset out to me  last night. Tennessee is very hilly were we live so we don't usually have the consistent spectacular sunsets that I grew up with in SD, but there are some good ones.

 South Dakota is pretty flat where I grew up so the sunsets are huge..here the sun sort of slips behind a hill and then it still takes awhile before sunset.

But today was a day to take a minute and appreciate  what was right in front of my face. Hope you do the same...have a great day! Til next time! Julia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
Debbi