aqua scroll template

Sunday, March 15, 2015

More weekend vintage finds McCoy pottery


 Hi guys! These were my favorite finds of the weekend..vintage McCoy pottery in my fav color, aqua!


The little one in the front is Nelson McCoy and the oldest of the 4. The zig zag one in back is staying with me!

 I got these 2 vintage pale blue velvet smocked pillows because they remind me of my gramma..she always had decorative pillows like this on her bed. The other 2 were money well spent. Our 12 yr old son Jack came estate sale-ing with me on Saturday. I picked up the shabby brass urn and he asked, "What's that?" I said, "An urn..(pause) or a henweigh." He asked, "What's a henweigh?" and I said, "Oh about 3 pounds!" The older man behind him started giggling and I was laughing..took Jack a second to get the (very old) joke. We stopped in an antique mall after the sale and I got the tin bundt pan for $1 to snip up for one of my projects. Again he asked, "What's that?" I said, " A bundt pan (actually a jello mold or dense fruitcake pan) He thought I said "butt pan" and he continued "cracking butt jokes" (see what I did there) through the rest of the mall while I did my momma from My Big Fat Greek Wedding impersonation.. eets a bahnt pan..eet is kehk!..LOL..we got $10 of fun out of the $1 pan..

 Which meant the perfectly shabby aqua chair must be free because it cost $10! (Daisy nosing in the pic as usual) M mom had an old chair like this on her porch for years..not this perfectly shabby aqua though!

And today was the official first day of wine on the deck for 2015! There are daffodils blooming here but they are in my down the road neighbor's yard and I didn't want to trespass to get a pic! Maybe I'll find some closer to the road this week! 'Til next time! Julia P.S. Sutter Home moscato..Yellow Tail has a fab one too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aqua is my mother's favorite color as well. I particularly like the leaf pattern!