aqua scroll template

Monday, March 23, 2015

Hardware store art supply..wood veneer edging


Just a quickie today! I was wandering through Lowe's with my husband this weekend and found a new art supply to play with! I like to use non traditional items in new ways and this looks like fun. It is white birch veneer tape..meant to finish edges of cabinet doors etc. It is actual wood. It is iron on and at $6.58 for 25 feet of it..lots to play with. 


 I figured I could stain it, dye it with markers or alcohol inks or even ink pads, stamp it, cut it. I am thinking of trying photo transfers on it..hmmm..


It is glued to iron on, but I think you could also just glue it on. I found out this comes in other woods and widths and also unglued through furniture refinishing places. I wonder if you could run it through a punch? Maybe stamp it with metal stamps? So many ideas, so little time! I'll let you see what I come up with. Til next time! Julia

No comments: