aqua scroll template

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend Vintage Finds part 2...3..4?

Oooohh..the girly pretties!! More of my weekend finds! In the back is a shabby pink metal tray. I plan to add a chain and maybe some vintage chandelier prisms to this and turn it into a faboo magnet board..I will take pix!
In front is a sweet crocheted and ribbon pincushion. I have a hard time passing these up! The scuffs are new old stock Vanity Fair. They still have their tags and original box..I love aqua! There are mountains of old handmade lace. I bought 2 bags full and should've gotten it all! It was much nicer than I thought when I got it home and out of the plastic baggie! One bag was lengths of edging and the other was a boatload on small 2-3" sample pieces..like she was trying out a pattern to see what it looked like. Faboo for projects!
A small china shepherdess that was too cute to pass up..probably Japanese. 2 gorgeous old lace collars, 2 old millenary flower pins..love both of these!
Close up of the lace "samples"...
A neat vintage Hong Kong petit point purse. I am a sucker for roses..especially pink ones!
This has a crack on the underneath of the handle but if I was keeping it, I'd just wrap the handle in black satind ribbon and go. This would also make a fantastic gift "bag". Imagine it filled with raspberry pink tissue paper and your gift of choice! Sometimes being "green" is gorgeous! It would also be fab for a floral arrangement..just open and add a vase inside and fill with flowers! WHY DO I USE SO MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS??!! Hee..I guess I am easily excited!
I look for these too...unused vintage sheets and pillowcases. I bought some gorgeous floral ones a couple summers ago..all rose strewn. I have a kingsized bed so usually I can only use the pillowcases. My husband KNOWS that the extra squishy pillows in the rose covered pillowcases are MINE but he still tries to steal them! I even bought him nice squishy ones of his own and new red pillowcases but he still sneaks mine..hmmmm.
Ohmigosh..I looooove Vera Neumann items. I collect her scarves like a fiend and have seen her towels and tablecloths but I didn't know she did sheets too. If you don't know THIS particular Vera..Google her..she was a great midcentury designer along with her husband. She started making scarves on her kitchen table and built an empire. She would've loved Etsy! Always look for that Vera signature..it doesn't mean Vera Wang! These were all pre UPC code sheets in doubles and twins..great to mix and match!
Ahhh..the colorful kitschy stuff!!
A cute safety pin beaded doll/ornament in I think October's birthstone..something Gramma would have made you... And a darling Japan paper mache box and 2 coasters..probably had more at one time, but oh well!
She is rockin' that blue eyeshadow..quite tarted up actually!
Last pic! Vintage hankies and the cutest yellow plastic salt and pepper shakers! I can see these on a teaparty table or use one with a name tag on a vintage pearl-headed straightpin as a place marker! Vintage rocks! Hope your day is filled with pretty! Til next time! Julia

1 comment:

Of The Fountain said...

I love those aqua scuffs! That is one of my favorite colors ever...so pretty! :)