Friday, May 19, 2017
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
So much has changed since my last post. Febuary 12 our grand daughter Miss Lilah Grace came into the world.
Older brother Hunter was instantly in love.
Unfortunately she was born with a cleft palate..but fortunately it was contained to the top of her soft palate area and was not as bad as it could have been Lots of stress andLilah and her parents spent several days in the NICU of the local Children's Hospital. There were so many babies there in much worse shape we actually felt lucky.Once she learned to nurse from a special bottle and started gaining weight she was released to go home.
Even though for awhile her looks were more of the judgmental variety!
She is a happy girl and the apple of several sets of eyes.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Lots of mixed media artists and crazy shabby doll people! :)
Monday, October 10, 2016
Part 2 (finally) of my faux fabric grainsack pumpkins ..stems and leaves, For the stems I wanted black tape. I thought washi wouldn't be sticky enough so I hit Walmart and bought a roll of 3M Ducktape in black..this isn't the super shiny duct tape..it is more like black masking tape. Then I went home did a few chores and couldn't find my tape. Insert an hour of searching the house, the car,the lawn in between them and stewing over whether my sleeping husband had somehow hidden my roll of tape from me just to drive me crazy..add some cussing and another trip to Walmart. On trip 2 I also got black glitter scrapbook paper and some wire. (Found the tape behind the laundry hamper the next day..apparently it was in the bag with my husband's new work socks and when I football passed it over the upstairs railing into our bedroom's bathroom door it fell out and bounced off) This game of hide and seek is optional and not advised!
Then I folded the dips between the points IN..it gives the leave dimension..it's not just flat.
Sunday, October 2, 2016
I wetted a cottonball ..not super wet with the Citrasolv... I taped the print face down with packing tape over my fabric at the top edge catching the edge of the paper, fabric and the board I had underneath. Don't tape over the graphics.
Tie it off with a rubber band under the knot.