aqua scroll template

Friday, May 20, 2011

Rrepurposed Vintage Shabby Chic Pink Tray Memo Board

Hi guys! I rescued this shabby pink metal tray at an estate sale last Friday. I just knew I needed to do "SOMETHING" with it. The idea came quickly..magnet/memo board!
The tray was beautifully shabby and.. the best part..pink!This is my trust drill driver. Actually this is my THIRD trusty drill driver, I wore the first 2 out! My husband got me the first one as an unasked for gift. I was obviously dubious and doubted both his sanity and his gift buying skills but I love me my drill driver! Sooo much nicer than a screwdriver and I drill a lot of holes in things including my dining room table and me! So, I wanted to hang this and attach bling so I measured and marked where I wanted my holes for chain and bling and away I went!
I am constantly looking for vintage chandelier crystals or prisms as I use them a lot in my fabrications and they are just so darn pretty! I prefer old to new, but use new when I have to. I made a few jump rings to attach my bits..I started w/ silvertone but decided brass would match better.
I attached the crystals and swags...
I split the last link of the chain and attached the chain to the tray...
Ta-Dah! I really like how this turned out. I would so much rather have something like this than something store bought..plus it is recycled and "green"! Now I have to make some pretty magnets. Luckily I have just the thing in mind! Stop back again and see what I come up with! Happy repurposing! Til next time! Julia

7 comments:

Beth McDonald said...

Lovely! You added just the right touch to this make it even more fabulous...great idea!

Piper Bella Boutique said...

It's awesome, I love the shabby chic look, nicely done!

Wickedly Clean said...

Creative! I would have never thought to do this to the items you started with and am curious to see your next post with it :) Love it

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

What a great idea! It turned out beautifully!

xo,
melissa

Of The Fountain said...

Love how it turned out! I'm eager to see the magnets you chose for it.

My Inspired Reality said...

Love that little bling added to it, very nicely done:)

My Life Under the Bus said...

Soooo cute!!!